Our Independent Living Team can visit you in the comfort of your own home
Our home visiting team have the knowledge, expertise, empathy and understanding to help you, on a one to one basis, with any concerns you have.
- give you information about your eye condition
- undertake a low vision assessment
- help you with the procedure for getting registered as sight impaired
- demonstrate and advise on a range of magnifiers and daily living aids
- talk to you about getting out and about and retain your independence.
- advise you on benefits you may be entitled to and support you to apply
- advise on the use of computers and mobile phones.
- point you in the direction of available audio books, newspapers and magazines.
- we can also signpost you to other agencies that may be able help you.
We have found that sometimes, it only takes a small idea to make a big difference to someone’s life!
At the end of our visit we will leave a pack for you which contains some useful telephone numbers and other information. This way you can get back in touch with us, whenever you need to.
To contact us please call 02380 64 12 44 and ask for the Independent Living Advisors or send us a message online via our Contact us page.