Family Support Service
Our Family Support Officer can offer support to the whole family
regardless of which member has sight loss.
- We recognise that you can feel very isolated when you are supporting a family
member with their sight loss. You may recognise that there is help and support for them
but you are left feeling at a loss in some way.
- Our Family Support Officer can offer advice, information and guidance on
a variety of family matters.
- We can advise about the correct benefits that you and your family are entitled to and support you to apply for Disability Living Allowance
and Personal Independent Payment.
- We can help you apply for a grant to help to cover the cost of equipment or to have a holiday.
- We organise events that put people in touch with each other. These can range from a small get together to an all day activity.
- We can signpost you to other organisations that offer a variety of activities and holiday schemes.
“What a GREAT day out we all had on Saturday! The weather was kind and all activities fully engaged my little girl. It was great to come to something so active and fun and it certainly developed some skills and confidence along the way. THANK YOU to all who organised, helped and supported the day.” – Attendee of Open Sight’s Family Day
- We can tell you about the role of Children and Adult Services and the Education Authority and can signpost you to other organisations that may be able to support you.
- We can also provide support to families in which the parents are affected by sight loss.
To find out what activities we are currently running please visit our Upcoming Events page or for more information please call Jenny Collins, Family Support Officer on 02380 646 382 or go to the Contact Us page.