Eye Contact Exhibition 2017
Wednesday 4th October 2017
10.00am – 5.00pm
Open Sight return once again to The Ageas Bowl
Entrance is FREE!
The Exhibition brings together equipment suppliers and service providers from across Hampshire to show case the latest equipment and services available to those with, or at risk of sight loss.
Guide Dog/Assistance Dog needs will be accommodated. Sighted guides will also be available on day for those requiring assistance. For any further information call 023 8064 1244
Key note speaker: Professor Lotery
In 2004 Prof. Lotery was one of a team of researchers who discovered the first gene to be linked to AMD. This was a world-leading breakthrough and as a result, Professor. Lotery and his research team are hopeful that they will find a cure for AMD within the next 10 years, if sufficient funding is obtained.
The aims of Prof. Lotery’s laboratory are:
- To perform world class research to create better treatments and thus prevent blindness.
- To achieve this by attracting sufficient funding to allow the research to proceed quickly.
- To train the next generation of academic ophthalmologists and visual scientists.
- To disseminate their research findings in leading research journals.
- To work as a team to achieve these goals.
Professor Lotery raises funds for his research by undertaking personal challenges for his Charity ‘Gift of Sight’ . who will be in attendance at the exhibition.
Venue address: The Ageas Bowl, Botley Road, West End, Hampshire, SO30 3XH