Open Sight’s mission is to support people with, or at risk of, sensory impairment, to reach their full potential, achieve personal goals, be independent and live a full life. The donations from our supporters help to ensure our this vital work can continue.
If you would like to support us by making a donation to Open Sight, please press the donate button below:
- Text OSGT15 followed by the amount to 70070 (e.g. OSGT15 £10)
- Send a cheque payable to ‘Open Sight’ to Open Sight, 25 Church Road, Bishopstoke, Eastleigh, Hampshire, SO50 6BL
Open Sight is proud to work with the Fundraising Regulator, an independent body who set and maintain the standards for charitable fundraising.
The role of the Fundraising Regulator is as follows:
- To set and promote the standards for fundraising practice (‘the code’ and associated rulebooks) in consultation with the public, fundraising stakeholders and legislators.
- To investigate cases where fundraising practices have led to significant public concern.
- To adjudicate complaints from the public about fundraising practice, where these cannot be resolved by the charities themselves.
- To operate a fundraising preference service to enable individuals to manage their contact with charities.
- Where poor fundraising practice is judged to have taken place, recommend best practice guidance and take proportionate remedial action.
Open Sight aim to ensure that any fundraising is respectful, open, honest and accountable to the public and regulate fundraising in England, Wales and Northern Ireland.
Visit the Fundraising Regulator website for more information.