Open Sight is the largest charitable organisation in Hampshire working with people who have, or who are at risk of developing sight loss. Based in Eastleigh, Open Sight has provided uninterrupted support to the blind and partially sighted community of Hampshire since 1922. Our mission is to support people with sight impairment or who are at risk of sight loss to achieve their personal goals, remain independent and live a full life. We work with you, your family, colleagues and friends in coping with both the practical and the emotional issues arising from your sight loss.
How to Donate
Open Sight receives no funding from the government and all our funds are raised through normal fundraising activities, donations or received as a result of legacies.
There are several ways to make a donation to Open Sight:
- Sending cash or cheque to: Open Sight at our Eastleigh Office.
- By texting the code OSGT15 and the amount you to wish to donate to 70070 (e.g. OSGT15 £5)
- By visiting https://www.justgiving.com/opensight to make a one-off donation or arrange a monthly donation online
- by registering with Easy Fundraising or Give as you live to raise free donations just by shopping online
- We can make excellent use of your old or unwanted items such as: stamps, stamps albums, old denomination and foreign currency, broken gold jewellery, CDs, DVDs, medals from WW1, WW2 and other conflicts.
- You can also have a home collection box for all of your loose change – no pennies ever go to waste!
Give us a call at the office if you would like to know more.
Read more »
If you are a school or individual interested in fundraising for Open Sight please visit the Contact Us page.
Area Friends Groups
Open Sight are looking for talented and dedicated people to manage our community friends groups. With the support of your friends and family and the full back-up of the Open Sight team together we can make a real impact within the communities of Hampshire.
You may wish to organise small coffee mornings or a Grand Banquet and Ball.
Every penny you raise will help to support our vital work for visually impaired people.
Read more »
Open Sight - Events and Fundraising Calendar
In the calendar below you can check out any upcoming events you might want to get involved with! This is your chance to see what we have done in the past and what exciting new things we have planned for the future. The calender includes both events and fundraising opportunities, so please feel free to have a good look through and get intouch if you would like to help or join in.
Simply scroll through the months using the ‘next events’ button. To view times and location of an event, select the blue arrow where times and a map of the location will be available.
For Open Sight Social Club dates, times and locations please visit the Social Clubs page.
Read more »